BDO helps to increase value creation and streamline and improve processes, and is a partner for development and modernisation. We act as a sounding board for management and directors of sports clubs, governing bodies, regional sports associations and the Norwegian Olympic and Paralympic Committee and Confederation of Sports (NIF), and have more than 200 clients in elite and grass-roots sport and over 20 clients among governing bodies and regional sports associations. Our expertise and experience make us an independent quality-assurer that helps Norwegian sports to make good and effective choices.
Sport is a cornerstone of Norwegian society and makes a key contribution to the nation’s welfare. By focusing on sport and national and local partnerships, BDO aims to strengthen and professionalise Norwegian and international sports.
Thanks to specialist expertise, the international BDO network and extensive experience (which includes various Olympic Games, World Championships and European Championships), BDO also possesses unique competence in arranging national and international sporting events. Efficiently managing such major events is a demanding task. Our team of leading experts will help you to create the best events experiences for employees, representatives and volunteers alike.
The services we provide in this area include:
- Manager, team and organisational development
- Sustainability strategy and environmental certification
- Operational readiness and collaboration training
- Tax, VAT, payroll and employment law
- Privacy and rights assurance
- Employee surveys
- Business development
- Process facilitation
- Administrative reviews
- Data security
- Compliance and investigations
- Financial management of sports clubs
- Assistance in constructing and operating facilities
- Corporate structuring
- VAT compensation
- Security and contingency services
- Assistance in connection with event applications