Transactions often form the basis for complex questions that involve a number of legal areas: Tax and excise, company law, accounting, intellectual property rights, contracts, and stock exchange and securities legislation. In BDO we work together in cross service lines teams and if required in cross border teams to meet the needs of our clients.
BDO has a strong transaction tax team with significant experience from transaction related tax and company law advise in both domestic and cross border settings. We assist clients in all stages of a transaction, from due diligence work, to tax modelling and structuring to SPA review and post close restructurings.
- Buy side and Vendor Tax and VAT Due Diligence reviews
- Legal Due Diligence review
- Draft or review of SPA and other agreements
- Transaction structuring
- Tax structuring (cash upstreaming, thin cap assessment and debt service analyses)
- Management and board incentive schemes
- Shareholders agreements
- Reorganisations and restructurings
- Employment law issues